According to
The Hollywood Reporter, Paramount has set December 25, 2013 as the release date for their reboot of Tom Clancy's famed CIA analyst Jack Ryan starring
Star Trek's Chris Pine. The film, which is not based on an existing Clancy novel, will be directed by Kenneth Brannagh and co-star Brannagh, Kevin Costner and Keira Knightley. Like Deadline, The Hollywood Reporter refers to the movie simply as
Jack Ryan. I really hope they change that. Not only is
Jack Ryan a dumb title that doesn't tell audiences anything about the film (just ask John Carter), but it's awfully similar to
Jack Reacher, which is what Paramount is calling their adaptation of Lee Child's novel
One Shot starring Tom Cruise which is also intended to launch a franchise. Does the studio really want two lamely titled "Jack" franchises on its hands? I'm sure their marketing department doesn't. But gripes about the title aside, I'm very excited that this looooong in development project is finally getting off the ground, and even has an
actual release date!
0 Yorumlar