I can't start my post today without sending all of those who lost loved ones in the 9/11 terrorist attacks against our country 15 years ago my thoughts and prayers. It is a day our country will never forget and should never forget.
Yesterday I was innocently browsing on Ravelry when I decided to check out friends projects. If you aren't my friend you can find me as Mereknits on Ravelry just like I am here! Anyway my friend Acorn to Oak made these wonderful leaves and I tell you what I could not get them out of my mind. I quickly looked up the pattern link which you can find here, then preceded to find yarn and a hook and got started.
These leaves were made with Malabrigo Mecha that was gifted to me a few years ago from Suzan for making her two little scarves. I have been waiting for the perfect project for this yarn and I found it.
The colorway for the green is 045 Chircas and the rust/orange is 227 Volcan. I used a size L hook but should have used a J. These will be coasters for my house and to give to friends. I already have two wrapped to give to a friend tomorrow. This is the fastest project I have completed in a long time, and frankly I needed a fast finish as my other projects are taking me a long time. 260 yards of yarn made 12 leaves so they use approximately 22 yards for each leaf. A fun project for those little bit of yarn leftovers.
One of my goals this weekend, besides not getting in my car once was to finish this scarf. It has been on my loom for a while and I felt the need to get it off. I swear my edges are horrible because I always seem to be in a hurry. I still love it even though I don't want you to look to close at it. I have not decided if this is for me or for my gift basket. I used 100 yards of Elann baby silk for the warp and about 300 yards of Louisa Harding Pittura for the weft. It looks very much like my last scarf finish because I used only the Louisa Harding yarn for both warp and weft for that scarf. I like that the Elann yarn makes up the fringe, it is a nice contrast.
This is not the best picture and would have been deleted until I saw the photo bomber at the bottom. A clean photo bomber because one of my other goals this weekend was to give this boy a bath.
Hope you all have had a great weekend and a great week.

0 Yorumlar