This sweet package arrived early this morning from Sherri in Nevada. I love how she decorated the box. :-) I have removed her address for privacy reasons.
Inside were these two Christmas wrapped rolls. And inside of those were.....

10 beautiful pairs of mittens for the school children! Sherri, they are perfect and thank you so much.

She also included a little surprise gift for me. Bath elixir, temple balm, hand cream and soap along with the prettiest crocheted wash cloth. Sherri, this was so sweet of you. I appreciate all of your hard work on the mittens and the gift is beautiful. Lavender is my favorite color!

I started a new baby blanket yesterday. We have a couple at our church who have been married for many years and have never been able to have a baby. They have adopted four siblings from the foster system. One is a set of twins and then, as the mother had two more babies over several years, they also were placed with this couple and adopted. She was shocked and overjoyed to discover that she is now pregnant herself! There is a baby shower planned at church the first week in November. As you can see, it’s a boy! I also want to try to make her a sweater, hat and sock set to match if I have time.

My carry along project has been this sock. I am truly enjoying this pattern. The chart is so simple that even I can read it!

Our sweet Chloe has been falling down the stairs over the past couple of weeks. She did this last autumn too with the arrival of the damp cooler weather. I think it is her arthritis that is causing the falls as she goes down the stairs. I tried putting throw rugs at the top and the bottom of the stairs but she still slipped on the stairs themselves. We ordered these treads from Amazon and they arrived last night. As you can tell, they still have to relax from being in the box. Honestly, I don’t like them at all but if they make it easier for her to navigate the stairs I will get used to them.

I’m heading to Jennys in a little while to help her with her exercises. Apparently the physical therapist gave her some new exercises yesterday that she can’t do by herself. We are enjoying all of our chatting time and I know that when she goes back to work I will barely be able to see her.
Inside were these two Christmas wrapped rolls. And inside of those were.....
10 beautiful pairs of mittens for the school children! Sherri, they are perfect and thank you so much.
She also included a little surprise gift for me. Bath elixir, temple balm, hand cream and soap along with the prettiest crocheted wash cloth. Sherri, this was so sweet of you. I appreciate all of your hard work on the mittens and the gift is beautiful. Lavender is my favorite color!
I started a new baby blanket yesterday. We have a couple at our church who have been married for many years and have never been able to have a baby. They have adopted four siblings from the foster system. One is a set of twins and then, as the mother had two more babies over several years, they also were placed with this couple and adopted. She was shocked and overjoyed to discover that she is now pregnant herself! There is a baby shower planned at church the first week in November. As you can see, it’s a boy! I also want to try to make her a sweater, hat and sock set to match if I have time.
My carry along project has been this sock. I am truly enjoying this pattern. The chart is so simple that even I can read it!
Our sweet Chloe has been falling down the stairs over the past couple of weeks. She did this last autumn too with the arrival of the damp cooler weather. I think it is her arthritis that is causing the falls as she goes down the stairs. I tried putting throw rugs at the top and the bottom of the stairs but she still slipped on the stairs themselves. We ordered these treads from Amazon and they arrived last night. As you can tell, they still have to relax from being in the box. Honestly, I don’t like them at all but if they make it easier for her to navigate the stairs I will get used to them.
I’m heading to Jennys in a little while to help her with her exercises. Apparently the physical therapist gave her some new exercises yesterday that she can’t do by herself. We are enjoying all of our chatting time and I know that when she goes back to work I will barely be able to see her.
I hope you’re all having a great week and have exciting fall plans for the weekend. I’m not sure yet what We’re going to be up to. It’s supposed to be rainy and cool so we may just hunker down at home.
“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2:5
“Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.“ Colossians 3:12
Blessings,
Betsy

0 Yorumlar