I am considering what kind of dishes to buy if we throw out all his chipped and cracked dishes. I wanted some Corelle like I had, but the pattern is not available. Then, I saw some beautiful dishes--melamine. I kept reading. They are lightweight, so that would help me. Then, I read that they cannot be used in the microwave. That is a stopper right there. Tommy always has something he wants to dry out in the microwave. He thinks food must be piping hot. So, that is that.
When I married, I bought melamine from TG&Y where I worked. It was cheap and great since we did not have much money. Eventually, I bought white Corelle, then another pretty blue and white set. Now, I really want melamine again. I never thought I would say that! Did you ever have melamine? Have you seen the new pretty patterns?
I did have white with silver border for good dishes. In the early 90s, I discovered Wedgwood Strawberry and Vine. I loved it but it went to the dump. One year, friends gave me the pieces of Wedgwood individually because they knew I wanted it. Otherwise, I could never have afforded Wedgwood.
Just now, I ordered the cheap knock off of Cubii. I get no exercise and cannot stand long enough to exercise long. Hopefully, the Cubii will help with the swelling in my legs and body. I am spending my chair money.
Wednesday, we went to Cullman. I had bank business as did Tommy. My PO Box was stuffed with mail, some important. And, we picked up the church lunch and ate in the backyard of the friends we meet at the lake. Right now, the lake park is closed until March. Lunch was ham, greens, peas and snaps, cornbread, and cookies. We had two for dinner, also.
While I was at the PO, I rifled through catalogues and brochures in recycling and brought some of it home to read. It will go back in recycling when I am done. One magazine was a Cosmopolitan, a mag I have not touched in years, much less read.
Wednesday, I went all day on 0 hours sleep. I napped from 3 pm to 8 pm and will have no trouble sleeping on Wednesday night.
My new freezer was so stuffed, I could find nothing. Lately, it has been used to the point I can find things. I found a bag of meatballs and another with a chicken thigh. That makes two meals. I can have an egg while Tommy eats the thigh. There are always frozen vegetables, so the protein portion is what I need to store more.
Tommy informed me he needed milk once he emptied the carton! I have four quart cartons of UHT milk that will be used first. It is near expiration, so we are using it and I will buy two more quarts for storing.
Today, the plan was to go to the Pig and use the $5 off $25, get 5% discount for being a senior, and use coupons that double. Since I was exhausted, that goes on next Wednesday's agenda. Plans are not written in stone, thankfully. This will give me more time to collect coupons.
Do you have melamine, have you ever had melamine? What is your take on melamine? Have you seen the gorgeous patterns in melamine now?

0 Yorumlar