Someone asked if we could swim in the pond...well there is no way I would even sit on the pier and dangle my feet in the water. We have seen those big snapping turtles...the kind that mama used to say would bite and hold on until they heard it thunder. We have also seen water snakes in the pond. Yikes!
Rare it is that we wake up on the first day of August to low humidity and 63 degrees. It feels wonderful outside.
As soon as Poppy was on his way to work I picked up my camera and work basket and went out. First thing, I watered the pitiful looking teeny tiny garden which by the way is about finished...
The pepper plants look like they might come out, if we get rain soon. I picked a dishpan full of shriveled up peppers that were not fit to eat and dumped them into the compost bin. We are still getting a few tomatoes and squash and lots of okra.
This is half a short row of green beans...half runners. I want enough to cook at least one good pot before cold weather. Seasoned with fat back and cooked slowly on the stove so I can smell them cooking. Might add a few pods of okra on top. Awww, makes me think about mama.
and here's the other half of the new little row of beans.
Finishing up in the garden I then went to work on a bucket of cutting that needed to be potted. A neighbor dropped off a piece of Rose of Sharon that she accidentally broke off and a wild rose pulled from her driveway. Guess the neighbors know me pretty well.
and cuttings from an Azalea that I accidentally broke.
and these are pots of tiny tiny Rose of Sharon plants. It is amazing how these have come out. These sprouted from seeds that fell last fall and have been struggling to survive in the dry parched ground. I love rescuing tiny plants.
Better get busy. Still have housework to do. I was busy outside before 7:00 this morning. Thanks for looking in.
Love,
Henny


0 Yorumlar