Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

'Twas The Night Before Christmas



The day finally came! The hectic days prior, shopping for bold and well thought out presents that are sure to delight, wrapping them carefully. With the most perfect bows perched daintily atop. And shopping for that perfect dress. The dress. The one with unmatched versatility. The one that’s not so over the top but has enough sparkle to match the season. The one that’s perfect for family dinners as well as cocktail parties. You looked once, looked twice. Heck, you looked thrice! And somewhere in your favorite shop, about 2:37AM since the stores have been open 24hrs, you found the one that you’d jingle the most bells in. You dealt with ever so long lines to pay for your find and irritated as you were, you managed to do this without delivering any insults on the poor overworked, underpaid and equally irritated associates. You probably recognized the sartorial ‘one’ as soon as you set eyes on it right? Your face broke into a smile and your heart gave a tug that you recognized as a 'yes, go for it'. Did you find one? Or a couple or more? All that have come to a screeching halt. The day is here! It's Christmas!
My dad's birthday too. The very best dad anyone could be blessed with. His one sin was he wanted us all to become medical doctors just like him. My first sister did become a gynecologist. Second sister got close, a pharmacist. Happy Birthday dad! Sorry we all didn't toe the line.

The dress! I found mine. Not in a store. Not on line. In my closet. In this gorgeous yet daring and unconventional black hooded mesh coat dress. I had an on and off affair with a white fur shawl over it. 

My shoes scream 'Go Bling Or Go Home'. Perfect for the gal who likes to glow and stand out in a crowd. Don't we all, hehe. 

My makeup recipe? A tad of Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer in Natural Radiance mixed with Lancome Teint Idole foundation in 410 for a little face glow. Topped it off with Laura Mercier mineral powder. I highlighted with Dior Diorific illuminating pressed powder in Gold Shock. Struck an air of sophistication with the festive dark hued lipstick. Night Moth lip liner under Heroine lipstick got me there. Switched to Flat Out Fabulous. Had flashes of shimmer on my eyes, thanks to Mac Cinderfella on my lid and Makeup Forever artists shadow in Blush on my inner corners. Highlighted my brow with Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. Sephora Rio Nights gel liner and Mac Lashes No. 44 tied it all together. Perfect!

About that tree! Totally unplanned. My mind is honestly always on overdrive. We had put up our tree with regular ornaments. Took hours too cos I love an ornament loaded tree. Like literally every needle has to have an ornament hanging from it. Then the shoe tree idea struck and I took down all the ornaments and replaced them with some of my shoes. Looked very artsy except poor lil yellow Drapesse kept sticking out in protest. It is breathtaking live, pops of red is all you see.  Such fun!
Have a very Merry Christmas, Xo...













T'was the night! I trust St. Nick was generous enough, yeah?  Keep thinking those purple thoughts, Xo...

Deets
Black Top By Romeo Gigli
Highness 160 Pot Pourri Ring Strass By Christian Louboutin
Necklace By Lele Sadoughi


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar