Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Who's Watching The Tick?

BY: GURU JAY

Who's Watching The Tick?


This Saturday I spent some time watching The Tick with family. We were looking for a fun comedy and came across the Amazon Prime series. I had a feeling it was going to be good.

I noticed #TheTick trending on Twitter. These days I find some of my best stories originate from Twitter. I'd love to hear your take on the new TV show. Here are my thoughts on the new Amazon Prime series.

First of all, the acting was over the top, borderline bad. I don't remember ever seeing the cartoon, but if I did it was probably better than this malarkey. I think it should have stayed a cartoon; at least in that format, I could better understand and excuse the plot holes and poor character developments.

As the Original Entertainment Guru, I value original entertainment. The Tick lacked creativity. You see I heard those jokes before already. I wanted them to say something new and different for a change. It didn't happen. Comedy is all about discovering new perspectives. At the end of the day, I saw the same ole perspective. I had high expectations for The Tick. Maybe, I set the bar too high.

On the bright side, the cinematography was fine. I think it was a good setting. Still, there wasn't enough excitement for me. It has potential in a parallel universe.

Overall, I gave it 2 stars out of 5. After watching the pilot and the second episode, we had to call it a day. It wasn't our cup of tea. It wasn't a total waste of time though, because I took a nap.

They tried to be like the Green Lantern, but failed. I haven't seen this much bad TV in a long time. I was disappointed. Who's watching The Tick? Share your thoughts in the comments section.

I am Guru Jay launching into orbit in 5-4-3-2-1!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar